Tuttle Orchards Fall Activities: Apple Picking, Pumpkin Patch, and so much more!
Many Indianapolis families make apple picking and pumpkin picking at Tuttle Orchards a part of their annual traditions.
We kick off the fall season with our annual Caramel Apple Festival…the second Saturday in September.
Pick Your Own Activities at Indianapolis Apple Orchard Pumpkin Patch:
Indianapolis’ Favorite Pick Your Own Apples:
SPECIAL: pre-season picking days Saturday ONLY August 12 & August 19. These will be for Early Blaze and Gala.
Cut your own Sunflowers: $1.00/flower head.
Pumpkin Patch: Open September 30 – October 31. Pick your own pumpkins right from the patch. Lots of pumpkin big and small. Pre-picked pumpkins available mid-September through October.
Fall Daily Paid Activities:
Tractor Town Adventure Farm: Lots of country fun for the little people…including mazes, tractors to ride, and more. $5/child. Open Sep 9-Oct 31
Agrimaze: Central Indiana’s Family Friendly Corn Maze: Our corn maze includes an opportunity to complete activities as a family while finding your way through the maze. $5/person
Hayrides around the Farm: Take a hayride tour of the farm while hearing a bit more about the behind the scenes at Tuttles.
- Weekday afternoons (every 30 minutes from 12-6:30pm) from Sep 18-Oct 31.
- NO hayrides on weekday mornings except for Pick and Play week Tuesday-Friday, Sep 12-15 (10AM-12:30PM)
- Saturdays 9:30AM-6PM (Sep 9-Oct 31).
Combo Pass (available for weekday afternoons or Saturdays): $9/person. Includes admission to Tractor Town, Hayrides, Agrimaze.
Fall Daily Free Activities:
Food & Treats:
Cafe and Sweet Shop: Now in it’s own location. Caramel apples, apple cider slushies, homemade fudge. Open Mon-Saturday. Serving lunch too (weekdays only in fall).
Tuttle’s Grill: Lunch featuring apple cider cooked brats, local pulled pork sandwiches and more. Open Saturdays September 9 – October 28.
- NO general admission charge or a parking fee.
- Season Pass: Available this year. $20/person. Includes unlimited Agirmaze, Tractor Town, and Hayride admission for the whole 2017 fall season.
- Upick activities are paid after picking. Cost is based on quantity or size picked.
- We accept cash, check, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express at all locations throughout the orchard.
When Should We Visit?
- Want to pick pumpkins? October….Our pumpkin patch is open Sep 23- Oct 31. Pre-picked pumpkins are available typically by mid-September.
- Want to pick apples? September is the best time to come and pick apples.
- Want a fast moving festival environment? Come during one of our festival days.…Festival days offer the most activities and a fun filled, busy environment.
- Want a quieter experience? Early on a Saturday (9-11AM) or 2-6PM weekdays….the crowds are typically less during those times. Saturdays early in September and late in October are also less crowded.
- When NOT to visit: Sunday….we are closed. Since we’re still a family farm, we find we and our employees must have a day to rest and worship with their families. It helps us serve you better and have energy to keep growing great apples.
Before you Come:
- Dress for fun, outdoor environment. Tennis shoes and casual clothes are best…maybe boots if it’s rained a lot recently. Dress for the weather…which could mean sunscreen or a hat and gloves.
- Bring your camera. Info about our photo contest. Professional photographers see our Photographer Policy.
- We have plenty of picnic areas to enjoy a sack lunch or on festival days enjoy lunch at Tuttle’s Grill.
- We find most families spend several hours at the orchard so plan to arrive early enough to do all the activities you want. Please note that all outdoor and upick areas will close at closing time each evening.
- Bringing a group? For group tours, you will need to schedule in advance. Check out information here.
- For your safety, Tuttle’s is a smoke free farm…even in outdoor areas.
- Due to food safety and health department regulations, no pets except service animals are permitted. Please leave your pets at home to help your family have a better experience.
- Weather: Outdoor activities are sometimes closed due to lighting (they stay open in light rain). Please check Today at Tuttle’s Page or Facebook for any weather related changes. We also encourage you to come prepared for the weather. Mud can make great memories in the pumpkin patch if you wear old shoes or boots.
- Directions we’ve tested. Recommended over GPS or Google Maps.
- Parking: on festival days, the parking lot in the farm store area will be closed to allow for seating for you to enjoy food from the Tuttle’s Grill and Sweet Shop. Plenty of parking will be available in other areas.
- Make a day of it: area restaurants, attractions, and accommodations.