Tuttle’s offers a variety of Indianapolis Orchard and Pumpkin Patch Fall Events and Activities
Fall is our favorite and busiest time of year here at the orchard. Lots and lots of families in central Indiana make a trip to Tuttle’s a part of their families annual traditions.
Daily Fall Activities: there’s lots to do at the orchard.
Shopping and Eats: Treats to enjoy on the farm and take home.
Tuttle’s Festival Days
Festival Days are fall Saturdays and special event days where we open all our fall activities for families to enjoy. These days offer a festival environment with special events. During these days, the small parking lot next to the farm store will be closed to allow for special activities. Plenty of parking is available in large parking lot. Festival Days 2014: Coming Soon.
Tuttle’s Festival Days
- Affordable Fun: We strive to make a family visit to Tuttles affordable.
- NO general admission charge or a parking fee.
- Some activities (Agrimaze, Kid’s Play Area) have a small admissions charge.
- Upick activities are paid by amount you pick.
- We accept cash, check, Visa, Mastercard, Discover EVERYWHERE on the farm.
Fall Visit Tips:
When Should We Visit?
- Want to pick pumpkins? October….Our pumpkin patch is open October 1-31. Pre-picked pumpkins are available typically by mid-September if the weather is agreeable.
- Want to pick apples? September is the best time to come and pick apples…any time after Labor Day weekend. Check out tentative dates for apple picking varieties.
- Want a fast moving festival environment? Come during one of our festival days.…Festival days offer the most activities and a fun filled, busy environment.
- Want a quieter experience? Early on a Saturday (9-11AM) or 2-6PM weekdays….the crowds are less, and we can give more personalized attention during those times.
- When NOT to visit: Sunday….we are closed. Since we’re still a family farm, we find we and our employees must have a day to rest and worship with their families. It helps us serve you better and have energy to keep growing great apples.
Before you Come:
- Dress for fun, outdoor environment. Tennis shoes and casual clothes are best…maybe boots if it’s rained a lot recently. Dress for the weather…which could mean sunscreen or a hat and gloves.
- Bring your camera. Info about our photo contest. Professional photographers see our Photographer Policy.
- We have plenty of picnic areas to enjoy a sack lunch or on festival days enjoy lunch at Tuttle’s Grill.
- We find most families spend several hours at the orchard so plan to arrive early enough to do all the activities you want. Please note that all outdoor and upick areas will close at closing time each evening.
- Bringing a group? For group tours, you will need to schedule in advance. Check out information here.
- For your safety, Tuttle’s is a smoke free farm…even in outdoor areas.
- Due to food safety and health department regulations, no pets except service animals are permitted to leave the parking lot areas. Please leave your pets at home to help your family have a better experience.
- Weather: Outdoor activities are sometimes closed due to lighting (they stay open in light rain). Please check Today at Tuttle’s Page or Facebook for any weather related changes. We also encourage you to come prepared for the weather. Mud can make great memories in the pumpkin patch if you wear old shoes or boots.
- Directions we’ve tested. Recommended over GPS or Google Maps.
- Parking: on festival days, the parking lot in the farm store area will be closed to allow for seating for you to enjoy food from the Tuttle’s Grill and Sweet Shop. Plenty of parking will be available in other areas.
- Make a day of it: area restaurants, attractions, and accommodations.