2016-17 Winter Tote Season is full at this time. Watch for the summer 2017 tote!
What is Tuttle’s Winter Tote Program?
This winter tote program will provide a biweekly sampling of seasonal winter produce from November through February.
Two winter options are available: Short Season (4 totes/Nov & Dec) or Long Season (8 totes/Nov-Feb).
The program is designed to give families a biweekly sampling of the best of what’s currently in season at Tuttles. Like a CSA, the Tuttle’s tote program provides the opportunity to invest in the farming operation at the beginning of the fall/winter season and reap the benefits.
What would my biweekly box include?
Your box will include 4 or 5 items. Boxes will generally include some type of greens/veggie from high tunnels, half gallon or gallon of cider, bag of apples, some type of squash, pumpkin, or potato. Recipes and cooking instructions will be sent in an email. Keep in mind, we are an apple orchard so our primary winter crops are apples and cider so apples and/or cider will be included in every tote.
Some of what might be included in your tote:
- Some type of Tuttle’s grown winter greens fresh cut from our high tunnels. Could be lettuce, spinach, kale, arugula, turnips, carrots, parsnips and/or other winter greens we are growing.
- Tuttle’s apple cider (every box Nov-Feb)
- Tuttle’s apples (every box Nov-Feb)
- Tuttle’s grown winter squash (butternut, acorn, spaghetti, pumpkin, or others) in Nov/Dec
- Pint of Indiana persimmon pulp (for Thanksgiving week)
- Florida citrus (Jan/Feb)
- Southern Sweet Potatoes, Fingerling Potatoes
In weeks where the produce supply is low, we may also include:
- Indiana Honey
- Indiana Sorghum
- Tuttle’s Applesauce or Apple Butter
Dates: (note this is a BIWEEKLY program)
Short Season Dates: Nov 3, Nov 17, Dec 1, Dec 15 Long Season Dates: Nov 3, Nov 17, Dec 1, Dec 15, Jan 5, Jan 19, Feb 2, Feb 16. There will be three weeks off during Christmas/New Year. There are no vacations weeks due to the fact this is a biweekly program.
You may choose from the following pickup locations. You will pick up at the same time and location all season long. Pickups are on Thursdays afternoons.
2016-17 Pickup Locations:
- Tuttle’s Farm Store (2pm – 6pm)(offers Friday and Saturday pickups also)
- New 2 Me Consignment Store, Greenfield (3pm – 6pm)
- Tea Pots N Treasures, Cumberland (3pm – 6pm)
- Palette & Paper, Oaklandon (3pm – 5pm)
- Moody’s Meat Shop, Fishers/Geist (3pm – 6:30pm…time might change to 5pm during tote season)
- Allisonville Nursery, Fishers (3pm – 5pm)
Short Season is $80.
Long Season is $160.
To sign up:
2016-17 Winter Tote Season is full at this time. Please watch for the 2017 summer tote!
Have questions or problems? Feel free to contact Ruth Ann or Patti at the Farm Store at 317-326-2278.
What past participants are saying:
“Excellent produce to take you into winter. Good for 2-3 people.”
“Have participated in both programs so far and absolutely love the offerings and convenience! Thanks for the offering!”
“We like the winter tote program, as it actually introduced us to some fresh items we had never tried, and we loved having the recipes to use for these items and the items we had used before. We just like the freshness of what we get in the totes and always know the items will be tasty!”