Cauliflower & Noodles
This is my all time favorite way to enjoy cauliflower. As a kid, this was the dish I requested on my birthday each year! It can be made with frozen or fresh cauliflower.
- 1/2 box spaghetti
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 head of Tuttle’s cauliflower (or about 1 1/2 cups of little pieces)
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (with oregano added is the one I use)
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 T olive oil
- Wash cauliflower and cut into small florets.
- Place cauliflower in skillet with 2 Tbs of water. Cover and steam until cauliflower is tender. Add more water if necessary.
- Cook spaghetti while preparing sauce.
- Add tomatoes and tomato sauce to cauliflower (drain any excess water before adding).
- Cook on medium heat until sauce is thicker and cauliflower is done.
- Mix together in a bowl both types of cheese.
- Take 1/2 of cheese mixture and mix with drained noodles along with 2 T olive oil.
- Pour noodles into 9 by 9 by 9 inch pan.
- Top with cauliflower sauce.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese mixture on top.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted.