Coleslaw with Grilled Cabbage
…a new way to do slaw.
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1/2 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil plus additional for brushing
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 medium head of red cabbage (about 1 3/4 pounds), quartered through core
- 1 medium head of green cabbage (about 13/4 pounds), quartered through core
- Spray grill rack with nonstick spray. Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Whisk vinegar, sugar, 1/2 cup oil, mustard, and tarragon in medium bowl. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
- Brush cabbages and green onions with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill cabbages until dark grill marks form, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Grill green onions until charred on 1 side, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer vegetables to work surface.
- Chop green onions and cabbages; place in large bowl, discarding cores. Add dressing; toss to coat. Season slaw to taste with salt and pepper.