Indianapolis Sunflower Trail
CLOSED FOR SEASON – More info coming soon about 2021 Sunflowers. Opening in Late July 2021.
Sunflower Trail at Tuttles
ADVANCE TIMED TICKETS MUST BE PURCHASED ONLINE IN ADVANCE for 2020 to insure capacity compliance.
NO ON SITE TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE.
The bloom time for the sunflower is approx 2 weeks. Additional ticket times will be listed a few days in advance as we see how bloom progresses. Not all tickets will be available the beginning of the season.
Tuttle’s Sunflower Trail Information
- Due to COVID capacity limitations, all guests to the sunflower trail MUST purchase advanced tickets ONLINE. NO ON SITE ADMISSION will be available.
- The trail is approx. 4 acres of sunflowers to walk through in a one way path. It takes approx 20 minutes to walk through the trail.
- Admission is $6/person ages 5 and up. Children 4 and under are free and no ticket is needed.
- Cut your own sunflowers are available in a separate area for those who have paid admission to the trail. Cost of cut sunflowers is $3/stem (includes tax). A self-service wrapping station will be available. Provided scissors will be sanitized between guests. Cut your own sunflowers are paid for the day you attend.
- Refund Policy: the trail will be CLOSED if the event of inclement weather. In the event Tuttles makes the decision to close the trail due to weather, you will be notified by email that your tickets have been cancelled/refunded and you may go online to choose an alternate time should you desire to attend another day (if available – no guarantee can be made that additional time slots will be available). Weather related cancellations will be made approx 6 hours before ticket time (not further in advance as Indiana weather can change quickly). There are no refunds for tickets for any other reason than weather related cancellations made by Tuttles. Should you need to change your ticket time, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Distancing will need to be observed while walking through the maze. We will stagger the entrance into the trail to help with social distancing. Mask Policy: masks are NOT required for outdoor areas as long as you can maintain 6 foot distance from those who are not in your household, however masks are required (per Indiana law) in all indoor spaces at Tuttles – so please bring a mask should you desire to enter the Farm Store, Cafe, or other indoor area of the farm.
- NO PETS are permitted in the sunflower trail. This area is considered a food production area by the USDA and no pets are permitted due to food safety regulations.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU COME:
- The sunflower trail is in an agricultural field. The ground can be uneven in places. There can also be mud if it has rained a lot. The paths are narrow and are not suitable for strollers. Bees and other insects also love sunflowers so it is normal to have insects in the sunflower field as well…typically the bees are more interested in the flowers than the people…but those with severe bee allergies should be aware that there will be bees present.
- Tractor Town Kid’s Play Area will not be open this year during the sunflower trail.
- No outside food is permitted at the farm but check out our Farm to Table Cafe for lunch. They also have our famous apple cider slushies to enjoy. Online ordering is now available for the Cafe. We strongly recommend online ordering to avoid lines due to COVID capacity limits.
- For your safety, there is ABSOLUTELY NO ENTRY into the sunflower trail area (even just for photos) during any times that the trail is not open. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to this policy. Advance Online ARE REQUIRED.
- Professional Photographer Policy: professional photography is allowed only in compliance with our photographer guidelines. All attendees must have a paid ticket purchased in advance. Photos are ONLY permitted during the 45 minutes following your ticket time (for example 10:00am tickets means you may be in the field from 10:00am-10:45am). Photographers MUST also comply with policies listed in our photo policy. Any photographer not following these policies will be asked to cease their session. See guidelines here: https://www.indianapolisorchard.com/photo-policy/
- All areas of the farm close at 6pm so please note that you will need to be done with your sunflower trail experience by 6pm. We encourage you to buy earlier timeslots to allow for more time.
OTHER THINGS TO DO WHEN YOU VISIT:
Visit our Farm Store for lots of summer produce grown right here at the orchard including our award winning sweet corn. We also have produce and items from local farms and artisans. Please note: due to COVID we are limiting the number of people in the Farm Store, if you prefer not to wait you may place an online order for curbside pickup here.