Fall Life Skills Class
Hands on Life Science Class in the Apple Orchard & Pumpkin Patch
What The Tour Includes:
- This tour includes BOTH Apples and Pumpkins.
- Apple picking in 2021 for tours is unavailable due to poor crop caused by late freeze. The teacher will receive a bag of apples to take back to the classroom for an apple tasting session.
- Hayride to the pumpkin patch to pick a small pie pumpkin. Tractor Rides are wheelchair accessible.
- Age appropriate lesson about apples.
- Fun in the Tractor Town Kid’s Farm Play Area
- Picnic area available for hour immediately following tour.
- Approximately 40 minutes of guided activities + play time.
Why Choose Tuttles?
See why we're one of Indys favorite farms for field trips...
Students Hosted Annually
School's Hosted Annually
Percentage of Schools Who Book for Following Year
What Other Teacher's Are Saying...
Thanks for another wonderful day for my kindergarten class! We enjoyed the hayride, the apple talk, and the apple picking! The kids and the parents loved the playground, the animals, and the cornstalk tunnels. So fun!! Looking forward to next year!
I’ve been bringing my school’s kindergarten to Tuttle’s for 10 years now and it’s always a great experience! This was the first year we had lunch at Tuttle’s. I found the indoor picnic area to be large, well equipped for all of our group, and a nice retreat for lunch. As always the staff was very kind, helpful, and educational. We’ll be back again next year. Thanks so much to Tuttle’s for making it great for us!
We had such a great time! You were very accommodating even though the weather was not the greatest. The kids still had so much fun and we will definitely be back! Thanks for everything!
Thank you for a great day at Tuttles! Your staff was great with my students with special needs. Please thank them for their patients and understanding of my students needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens in the event of inclement weather?
Weather in September and October is normally great for a visit to the orchard. Elementary Tours can be moved indoors in the event of rain. We will replace the hayride with other activities. Because of the unpredictability of Indiana weather, we don’t reschedule tours in advance of the morning of your tour.
What if I need to cancel?
We often have a waiting list for field trips. If you are unable to keep your scheduled time, we ask that you cancel at least one week in advance to allow another group to take your place. If you fail to cancel and do not show for your tour, we will charge a no show fee of $50.
When does scheduling open for the year?
We begin taking reservations on July 21. You can book online or by calling Christie at 317-326-2278 press 5 for Groups or Tours.
We're big on agricultural education.
Key Educational Concepts Covered in this Tour:
- Life cycle of pumpkin plant or apple tree.
- Honey bees’ role in pollination of apples or pumpkins.
- Proper way to pick apples off of the tree.
- Observe pumpkins and apples growing in their natural environment.
- Pests that you might find in the pumpkin patch.
Still have questions?
Give us a call
Call Christie at 317-2278 and press 5 for Groups or Tours.
Can’t get through? Leave a message and we’ll call you back…sometimes we’re busy out on the farm and can’t answer right now.
Come and visit
Sometimes the best way to experience the farm and get your questions answers is to come for a visit.