Making Pumpkin Pulp
Use Cow Pie Pumpkins for Pumpkin Pie…we think it’s just a bit smoother then the small pie pumpkins.
- Any cow pie pumpkin, sugar pie pumpkin, or cushaw squash.
- Follow steps below for making pumpkin into pulp. Then you can use this pulp in any recipe calling for pumpkin.
- Cut the top out of the pumpkin or squash and remove seeds.
- Cut the pumpkin/squash in quarters or very large sections.
- Place cut side down into a baking dish.
- Bake @ 325 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Peel outer skin, and put pumpkin meat through food processor or mash with a potato masher.