Many photographers and families find Tuttle’s to be a popular spot for taking their family photos.
To provide everyone with a positive, safe experience, these are our guidelines for photographers.
1. Novice and Professional photographers are welcome to take nature/family photos in areas that are OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. During u-pick season, you are welcome to take photos in the pumpkin patch, apple orchard, etc. when those areas are open. During the time of year when u-pick is not open, these areas are NOT open to photos. Admission must be paid to any areas that have an admission cost in order to take photos in that area. Special permission must be obtained to photograph enter area of the farm that is not currently open to the public – this is for your safety.
During spring apple blossom, the orchard is not open to the public due to the honey bees and working in the orchard. Photo sessions are not permitted in the orchard during the spring season.
The sunflower maze is open for a couple weeks in the summer. Admission is required. Photos are allowed ONLY during when it is open to the public. No photo sessions should be schedule on Sunflower Festival Day as there will be too many guests to allow for space for photo sessions in the maze.
2. Photographers are welcome to take photos during NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS. Because of insurance considerations, absolutely no photos are allowed while we are closed. Please, please be courteous to our staff and be COMPLETELY finished with your photos by closing time. Failure to comply with this policy puts this policy at risk for all photographers who visit the orchard. We are happy to have you take pictures, but please please please be finished by the time we close.
3. We ask that photographers be courteous to other customers and avoid equipment or setups that might hinder others from picking, walking through the orchard, walking through the mazes, etc. Props, equipment that cannot be carried easily in hand, multiple clothes changes on site are not appropriate as these can interfere with activity of others Tuttle’s guests. Props, large light shades, ladders, etc are not permitted.
Tuttle’s reserves the right to ask photographers end a session if they or their equipment is interfering with guest activity. In the sunflower maze, it is not appropriate to stage a photo along the trail as this blocks other guests from passing. A quick snapshot while you are walking is fine….spending several minutes in one area and blocking others from passing is not OK. Please avoid bringing any sort of equipment or props that would in ANY way disrupt other guests.
4. Please respect the natural environment and the food we are growing. Any items that are picked MUST be paid for. Filling wagons with apples for photos and leaving them in the orchard is wasteful NOT OK. We also ask that you please supervise children and insure they are not injuring trees, plants, and items that are growing in any way. After all…we are a farm first…we want to honor and respect the land and the food we are growing. Please help us do that.
4. Absolutely NO PETS are permitted on the orchard for photos.
5. All photos should be family friendly in nature.
6. If you are taking commercial photography/video that will be used for advertising or mass media purposes, please contact us first for permission/appointment. Members of the press are welcome to take photos, please contact us, and we’ll be happy to assist you.
7. Have fun! Enjoy the farm. We hope you make lots of fun family memories.