Winter Tote Program
biweekly box of seasonal produce
November - January
Indy's winter CSA
biweekly box of produce from first week of November to end of January.
Winter Season Dates: Nov 1st, Nov 15th, Nov 29th, Dec 13th, Jan 3rd and Jan 17th. There will be three weeks off during Christmas/New Year. There are no vacations weeks due to the fact this is a biweekly program.
You may choose from the following pickup locations. You will pick up at the same time and location all season long. Pickups are on Thursdays afternoons.
2017-18 Pickup Locations:
- Tuttle’s Farm Store (2pm – 6pm)
- New 2 Me Consignment Store, Greenfield (3pm – 6pm)
- Moody’s Butcher Shop, Fishers/Geist (3pm – 5:30pm…time might change to 5pm during tote season)
- Allisonville Nursery, Fishers (3pm – 5pm)
- Tyner Pond Market, 120 Audubon Road Irvington (2pm – 6pm)
This winter tote program will provide a biweekly sampling of seasonal winter produce from November through January.
There will only be one winter tote season available: 6 totes/Nov-Jan
The program is designed to give families a biweekly sampling of the best of what’s currently in season at Tuttles. Like a CSA, the Tuttle’s tote program provides the opportunity to invest in the farming operation at the beginning of the fall/winter season and reap the benefits.
What would my biweekly box include?
Your box will include 4 or 5 items. Boxes will generally include some type of greens/veggie from high tunnels, half gallon or gallon of cider, bag of apples, some type of squash, pumpkin, or potato. Recipes and cooking instructions will be sent in an email. Keep in mind, we are an apple orchard so our primary winter crops are apples and cider so apples and/or cider will be included in every tote.
Some of what might be included in your tote:
- Some type of Tuttle’s grown winter greens fresh cut from our high tunnels. Could be lettuce, spinach, kale, arugula, turnips, carrots, parsnips and/or other winter greens we are growing.
- Tuttle’s apples and/or apple cider (every box Nov-Jan)
- Tuttle’s grown winter squash (butternut, acorn, spaghetti, pumpkin, or others) in Nov/Dec
- Pint of Indiana persimmon pulp (for Thanksgiving week)
- Florida citrus (Jan)
- Southern Sweet Potatoes, Fingerling Potatoes
In weeks where the produce supply is low, we may also include:
- Indiana Honey
- Indiana Sorghum
- Tuttle’s Applesauce or Apple Butter
“Excellent produce to take you into winter. Good for 2-3 people.”
“Have participated in both programs so far and absolutely love the offerings and convenience! Thanks for the offering!”
“We like the winter tote program, as it actually introduced us to some fresh items we had never tried, and we loved having the recipes to use for these items and the items we had used before. We just like the freshness of what we get in the totes and always know the items will be tasty!”
Fresh produce even in the winter months!
Frequently Asked Questions
What if we are unable to pick up one week?
Since the winter tote program is biweekly and we allow two weeks off at the holidays, we do not offer vacation weeks. You can always send a friend to pick up your box if you can’t make it on pickup day.